The purpose of the initiative is to encourage and support the participation at IMS Annual Meetings of IMS members having childcare responsibilities.
The IMS will reimburse members 80% of the costs of privately arranged childcare* at the IMS Annual Meeting, up to a maximum of US$250 per family. Priority will be given to those presenting papers or posters at the meeting. Not more than 40 grants may be awarded.
How to apply
An email requesting funds must be submitted to IMS Executive Director, Elyse Gustafson, <email@example.com> by June 1. The email should include the following:
- The member’s name and email address
- Copy of registration
- Copy of receipt for abstract submission (if applicable)
- Projected amount of child care expenses for the time of the meeting
After the meeting, the following should be submitted via email:
- Complete receipt showing total amount of child care expenses, dates of care and names and birth dates of dependents
- The member’s name and address
* For a dependent under the age of 13.
*If instead of hiring a child care provider, the member chooses to bring an unpaid family member/friend to the JSM to provide child care, the IMS can reimburse 80% of the cost of travel up to $250.