IMS Supported Journals
Information and Application
CURRENT SUPPORTED JOURNALS
GOALS OF IMS SUPPORT
- To encourage non-profit and/or societal journals to remain fully non-profit and autonomous.
- To assist such journals to raise their technical standard of production and distribution
- To support the organizations which produce these journals
- To provide a unified approach to resist the current trend toward commercialization of scholarly communication.
- To allow the IMS and other non-profit/societal journals to compete with commercial journals by provision of joint marketing opportunities.
TYPES OF BUSINESS RELATIONSHIPS
The IMS may provide an existing or potential journal with production, administration, hosting, marketing and archiving services. Any selection of these services might be arranged.
- The journal's focus should be of interest to some segment of IMS membership. As well as journals covering major branches of probability and statistics, niche journals specializing in any of the following fields would be appropriate: applied probability and operations research, queuing theory, mathematical finance, statistical genomics, machine learning, Bayesian statistics, statistical software, statistical physics, ....
- The journal must be owned or controlled by a non-profit entity.
- The journal can be available in electronic, print or both forms.
- Journal articles must be peer-reviewed.
- The journal must have good editorial standards, both for its scientific content and for the technical quality of publication (whether in print or electronically)
- The IMS will not take any editorial responsibilities with respect to the journal.
- The IMS will work to, at a minimum, cover its administrative expenses for any financial relationship. The IMS may take a percentage of the revenue as a profit to support our non-profit mission.
- While the controlling entity may obtain copyright of articles, IMS expects the journal copyright agreement to be similar to the IMS copyright agreement with respect to the right of authors to publicly archive pre- and post-prints.
- The journal will acknowledge in the journal and on its website the the IMS role in its production and distribution
- The IMS will list the journal on its web site near here as an IMS Supported Journal.
- Either party may terminate the agreement with six month’s written notice.
- If you are interested in having your journal supported by the IMS. Please send an email to IMS Executive Director, Elyse Gustafson, email@example.com, that addresses each of the requirements noted above. The contract and negotiation process for an IMS Supported Journal often take 4-6 months, but can be sped up if necessary.
Click here to return to IMS Journals and Publications .