Nomination for IMS Fellow
Qualifications for Fellowship
The candidate shall have demonstrated distinction in research in statistics or probability, by publication of independent work of merit. This qualification may be partly or wholly waived in the case of
(1) a candidate of well-established leadership whose contributions to the field of statistics or probability other than original research shall be judged of equal value; or
(2) a candidate of well-established leadership in the application of statistics or probability, whose work has contributed greatly to the utility of and the appreciation of these areas.
Candidates for fellowship should be members of IMS on December 1 of the year preceding their nomination, and should have been members of the IMS for at least two years.
Electronic submission is highly encouraged. Please use online form for item 1. All other items should be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include in the following subject: FELLOW NOMINATION: <Last name of nominee>.
1. Nomination form – which includes the following required information
• Name of Nominee
• Date of birth
• Degrees (titles, dates, schools, and fields)
• A list of not more than five publications or other reasons for the nomination
• Present position(s)
• Significant former positions with dates
• Draft citation that might accompany the election to Fellowship
• Nominator contact information
Send the following via email to email@example.com include subject line
FELLOW NOMINATION: . All items should be
packaged together by the nominator and should be sent as one PDF
attachment (rather than individual files or as a zip).
2. Letter from nominator
3. Recent CV (not older than 2 years). The CV should include a list of publications
4. Three supporting letters (in addition to the nominator's letter).
Letters are expected to explicitly address the above IMS criteria for
fellowship. Only three letters will be accepted. IMPORTANT: For
those submitting letters of recommendation, each letter writer may
only submit letters of recommendation for TWO fellow nominees each
year. Please be sure to pass this information to letter writers as
you request letters of recommendation.
All items are required for consideration.
If electronic submission is not possible, please send items to:
IMS Fellows Committee
3163 Somerset Dr
Shaker Heights, OH 44122
All nominations must be received by January 31.